Friday, February 3

CANTON CAFE MENU

Yes, you're welcome. This is the menu for Canton Cafe, Kingsland, Auckland (New Zealand).

One hungry afternoon I realised that their menu could not be found anywhere on the interwebs. So here it is for all those people who may fall into a similar situation.


Recommended dishes:
-Sizzle Beef with Black Pepper (I don't eat beef, but my meat-eating family always orders this, so it must be nice)
-Sizzle Spice Daijin Chicken (Again, I don't eat chicken, but meat-eaters seem to really like this dish)
-Special Black Chilli King Prawns Shell Off (This is a must. So so yummy)
-Combination Meat & Seafood with Bean Curd (Served hot in a clay pot, this is super yum)
-Stir Fried Seafood with Snow Peas
-Stir Fried Rice Noodles
-I haven't tried any of the Hapuka dishes, but I've heard they're really nice too.


This is the only place I will go to eat Chinese food. They do not use MSG and their dishes are non-greasy. They've won a few awards too. If you've never been to Canton Cafe, don't go expecting something posh though. It is quite the opposite of posh. They've got a "lively" atmosphere.


**UPDATE**

I have photos:

Canton Cafe, from the outside.

Black Chilli King Prawns.
Sizzle Lamb Chops with Black Pepper (I don't eat meat so I didn't eat this, but the others said it was really nice).

Eggplant with Bean Curd (my new favourite dish at Canton Cafe)


Canton Cafe
477 New North Road
Kingsland

Auckland 09 8467888 (It's best to make a reservation)Open 12pm to 11pm everyday